Justus Fischer-Zernin has been working in the field of transfer pricing for more than 30 years. His work focuses on advising and representing international and national enterprises and investors in the fields of (international) business and tax law. This involves organizational aspects of the foundation of companies. Justus is also well-acquainted with restructuring corporate groups, corporate acquisitions and disposals and all related legal and taxation concerns.
Justus first studied international trade law during the postgraduate program of the ‘Australian National University’ (Canberra) in 1984. Afterwards, he did academic work in international tax law at the ‘International Tax Institute’ of Hamburg University for three years. His tax consulting practice began at the Hamburg office of Treuarbeit in 1989. Prior to being merged with PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Treuarbeit was the biggest German firm of auditors. In 1993, Justus made partner in the Hamburg law firm Dr. Schwarz, von Saldern Diekmann. Seven years later, he joined the law and tax consultancy firm Hanselaw-Hammerstein und Partner as a partner.
- Lawyer’s Degree, Law, Dr. juris in 1994 – University of Hamburg / Law School (1978 – 1983);
- Master of International Law – Australian National University (1985).
- Partner, Hanselaw-Hammerstein und Partner (2000 – present);
- Partner, Dr. Schwarz, von Saldern, Diekmann (1993 – 1999);
- Lawyer in the legal and tax department, Treuarbeit – today part of PriceWaterhouseCoopers (1989 – 1993);
- Assistant Professor, International Tax Institute – University of Hamburg (1985 – 1988).
Professional Affiliations and Certifications
- Certified Tax Attorney;
- Member of the supervisory boards of several joint-stock companies.